How to Play
How To Play Air O Sport
“It is a happy talent to know how to play.”
― Ralph Waldo
TWO TOWERS-Full Court Option. (Requires the purchase of 2 Dual Pack)
If you play with two towers and two sets of rockets, the game can be more similar to Ultimate Disc or full court basketball. Set the towers roughly 40 feet apart, so there will be a lot of running and fast breaks involved, which will double the fun!
Each team will guard its own Rocket Tower and attack its opponent’s Tower.
The optimal number of players with 2 towers is 7 people per team, but if people want to play with more or less, go for it!
For large groups or odd numbers, you can sub in players or build a tournament bracket.
SINGLE TOWER (requires the purchase of one pack)
- Assemble the tower and mount the rockets. Towers can be assembled in under 2 minutes.
- Divide the available people into two teams. The optimal number with 1 tower is 5 people per team, but if people want to play 1 on 1 or 2 on 2, go for it!
- The 2 teams take turns on offensive and defense. Toss the Air O Disc to choose who goes on offense first.
The goal of the team on offense is to score points by knocking Rockets off the tower with a direct hit from the Air O Disc. Teammates work together to get open and hit the Rockets hanging from the Tower.
When your team is on offense, your team works together to score points with direct rocket hits. You can pass it, run with it and shoot it. Remember, work together with your team to get open.
The goal of the team on defense is to block shots, intercept passes and rebound if there’s a miss.
When the disc falls, it becomes a “live disc.” The team that retrieves the disc is the offensive team.
- Build the “No Go Zone” around the Target Tower. The official Circle Size is
a 18’diameter Circle.
The circle around the tower is the boundary line. You cannot shoot or defend from inside the O!
NO GOALTENDING FROM INSIDE THE O!
4 options to build the Circle.
a)Order our Air O Line™ for easy assembly.
b)Order a portable Lacrosse Crease.
c)You can spray paint a circle.
d)You can make your own lines and markings with a creative and safe option.
- The field of play is 360 degrees, and there are no boundaries. You can play on any flat surface, just make sure it is safe.
- Games are typically played to 11 but you can play up to whatever number you want, win by 2!
Scoring System for Air O Sport.
- The official scoring system awards 1 point for each direct rocket hit. First team to 11 wins.
You can also adjust games to be a timed match, play until all rockets are knocked off the Tower, best of 5 challenge or incorporate a weighted scoring system.
Example of a weighted scoring system. Some people call it “house rules.” One example is to play it where the first rocket to fall is worth 1 point. The second rocket to fall is worth 2 points, and so on. If a team is behind by 5 points, they can still pull out the game by knocking off the fifth rocket for five points.
- In the event of a
tiethere will be a shootout, with a best of 5 shotout.
- There is no fouling or tripping. Hands may be used to block the Air O Disc. If a hand touches the opponent in more than just a graze of the other opponent’s hand, that is a foul and a “free throw” is awarded. Goaltending is not allowed, free throws will be awarded for repeat offenders.
Thought of a cool version of Air O Sport? Let us know about it and we’ll name it after you!
“In every real
man a child is hidden that wants to play.”
The greatest thing about Air O Sport: it’s fun and safe for all your loved ones, whether kids, parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and friends. It’s a healthy outlet to break up the same old routine.
One of the best parts of Air O Sport is the variety of ways to play the game. We believe in the power of creativity and that some of the best moments of play are when you make up your own game, We encourage you to create your own favorite way to play.
Splashed Man Standing™ Rules coming soon.
“Play is our brain’s favorite way of learning.”
We will have many more gameplay options coming soon so check back regularly.